Online Health Education Solutions

Meet Britain's tallest schoolgirl who at 6ft 5ins towers over her teachers (and has size 14 feet)

Friday, November 6, 2009

There's no chance you'll catch Emma Cahill stooping or hunching her shoulders. At 6ft 5in, it probably wouldn't make much difference anyway.
The tallest schoolgirl in Britain is enormously proud of her height. And at 16, she is hoping she still has a bit of growing to do.
'I am really proud to be the tallest schoolgirl. I like being a bit different,' she said. 'I'd like to grow an extra inch to catch up with my dad.'
Her father Andrew, 45, is 6ft 6in and mother Jane 5ft 11in.
But while Emma already stands head and shoulders above students and teachers, little sister Jennifer, 12, is an average height for her age.
'Emma was always a big child but in the last few years she's shot up,' said Mr Cahill at the family home in Worcester. 'We keep joking we'll have to buy a bigger house so we can all fit in it.'
Emma, who has just started sixth form, has to have shoes specially made to fit her size 14 feet. Her uniform was tailored to fit her 36in legs.
'Even the longest jeans in the shops look like cropped jeans on me,' she said.
She fears she scares potential boyfriends away. 'I haven't got a boyfriend at the moment. I think I scare them off with my height,' she said. 'I'll probably always be bigger than anyone I go out with but I'll still wear heels.'
Father Andrew, who runs a software company in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire, said: 'Emma was always a big child but in the last few years she's shot up.
'We keep joking we'll have to buy a bigger house so we can all fit in it.
'She was born a normal size but genetics must have kicked in. My parents and my wife's parents were tall so she must have got her height from there.'
She is the star player on the netball team but has to have shoes specially designed to fit her huge size 14 feet.
Emma also had to have her new uniform specially tailored to fit her 36in legs.
She said: 'Being so big does have some disadvantages. I have to get my clothes specially made in Germany and America which is really expensive.
'No high street clothes fit me. Even the longest jeans in the shops look like cropped jeans on me,' she said. '[But] I'm proud to be tall.'
Despite mum Jane suggesting she become a catwalk model, Emma says she wants to study to become an occupational therapist.
Emma, who is looking forward to learning to drive when she turns 17 next August, added: 'I am already trying out cars to see if I fit in the driver's seat.
'There are only a few cars which I will be able to drive - unfortunately none of them are a Mini which would be my first choice.'
Emma's record height was confirmed today by the Tall Persons Club.
Director Louise Ross said: 'Emma is the tallest teenage girl in Britain. There are taller teenage boys but she is head and shoulders above most of them.
'Emma should enjoy being the tallest teenage girl in the country. Women like her are the future and she should be proud and never stoop.
Around 98 per cent of tall people are bullied but the trick is to literally rise above it.'
The world's tallest teenager is 17-year-old American Brandon Adams who stands at 7ft four-and-a-half inches.Read More....

0 comments:

Post a Comment